My kids love homemade pizza, so I was thrilled to find this recipe for Honey Wheat Pizza Crust on Pinterest. It was simple top make, the dough was easy to work with and the touch of honey makes it delicious! Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Prep: 5 minutes + 2 hours to rise
Yield: 2 twelve-inch crusts
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 3/4 cups warm water
2 cups wheat flour
2 cups white all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon honey
- Pour the yeast over the top of the warm water, but don't stir.
- Pour the wheat and white flours and salt into a stand mixer. Add the oil and honey and mix until combined.
- Add the yeast and water mixture until well incorporated. No need to mix for a long time. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours. If not using immediately, you can put it in the fridge and let it rise later.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide the dough in half. Pour some olive oil onto a pizza stone or baking sheet and set the dough on top. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then stretch or roll the dough out to the edges of the pan.
- Cover with sauce and pizza toppings. (I used Canadian Bacon, pineapple, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.)
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the underside of the crust is golden brown.