Mmmmm! I love this meal! I'm not sure where I originally got the recipe, but I submitted to our cousin's cookbook over 10 years ago. I hadn't made it in a while, but I'll definitely be making it again soon. It's easy and makes enough for 2 meals.
Brown in a skillet:
- 1 to 1 and a half pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning (about 3-4 Tbs.)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, fresh or canned (well-drained)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces skim or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 9 flour tortillas, torn into large pieces
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread half of the meat mixture on the bottom of the pan. Top with half of the tortillas. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over tortillas and top with half of the shredded cheese. Repeat once more. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serves 10-12.