Friday, September 10, 2010

Honey-lime chicken enchiladas


I have tried various chicken enchilada recipes and this one is definitely one of my favorites. The honey-lime marinade gives it much more flavor than your typical enchilada dish. 
*from Keeping Up Cookbook

1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. lime juice
1 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded

Stir together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder until combined. Add chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes (I usually do longer).

2 (10 oz,) cans green enchilada sauce
1 c. half & half
flour tortillas
shredded colby jack cheese (or monterey/colby mix)

Mix enchilada sauce with half & half. Spread roughly 3/4 c. of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and shredded cheese, roll-up, then place side by side in dish. Pour remaining sauce on and top with more cheese. Bake at 350° F. for 25-30 minutes.

8 comments:

Smash said...

how do I add to the blog i have good recipes from my blog: http://whatscookingsmash.blogspot.com/


love ashy

Amber said...

Natalie you're amazing! I made these for dinner tonight and they were DELICIOUS. Thanks so much for sharing so many fabulous recipes!

Thurston Fam said...

whoa! I made this tonight and they are so yummy! thanks so much!

Jani said...

I am in love with these. I think this is going to get put into my regular meals. The husband scarfed them. mmmmmmmmmmmm. I think Ill make them again tonight.

Natalie said...

I thought you all would like these :) Aren't they yummy?!

Alli grins said...

I made these for dinner last night and Corey had 2 servings (!!!) and then asked me if he could have the leftovers for BREAKFAST. Seriously good stuff! Thanks for the recipe♥

Liz Walker said...

Oh my, these are so delicious! Thanks, Miller clan!

yourebooks said...

Great blog

Dana
http://1000chickenrecipes.blogspot.co.il/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...