I know some of you may be skeptical when you first see this, I admit I was a little the first time I made it but I was pleasantly surprised. If you are a lover of BBQ chicken pizza (like me) you are sure to love this. It has all the same flavors but in pasta form. Even my husband who claims he doesn't really like BBQ sauce loved this one.
recipe from Jen @ the Picky Palate
- 1 lb thin spaghetti noodles
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dry Ranch Dressing Mix (I use a little more)
- 3/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Shredded BBQ Chicken (I just cover 8 chicken tenders with BBQ sauce and bake for 30 minutes at 350)
Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Place olive oil into a large pot over medium heat. Saute red onions until softened and golden. Add cooked spaghetti to onions; mix and add dry Ranch Dressing seasoning and cilantro leaves. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Place noodles onto serving plates and top with warm shredded BBQ chicken. Garnish with cilantro leaf and serve.