My cute Mother-in-law gave me this wonderful recipe from skinnytaste.com. I love that it only uses one pan and it could be a meal all by itself. I have served it with a green salad or with a slice of french bread, but it's hearty and filling enough to stand alone as well. I used the Aidell's Chicken & Apple sausage that I can find at Costco.
- 1.5 pounds (about 3 large) potatoes, russet or new (I used Yukon Gold)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- olive oil spray
- 1 pound Italian chicken sausage, each link cut into 6-7 slices (I used Aidell's Chicken & Apple Smoked sausage)
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder. Mix well to be sure everything is coated with oil and seasoned evenly. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the center of the oven; bake for 15 minutes.
Use a spoon to toss so nothing sticks or burns.
Add the sausage to the baking sheet with the potatoes and vegetables and bake, tossing once or twice for 25-35 minutes, or until your potatoes are cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your potatoes and sausage, keep an eye so they don't burn.
4 servings: 324 calories per serving, 11.4 g. fat, 23 g. protein, 33 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber
WW Points +: 8