Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fresh Apple Cookies

I am shocked it's been so long since anyone has posted a recipe here! I use this blog for meal planning every week and I'm grateful for a collection of amazing recipes. THANK YOU readers for not losing hope! We still have about 150-300 readers each day. Now that school has started for my kids, I will be posting all the fun recipes I made over the summer. I'm starting with this one because it seems like a great cookie for FALL! They taste a lot like a Snickerdoodle cookie, but with fresh apples! Recipe from my friend Marlynn Avery.

1/2 cup shortening (I sub butter)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 apple, peeled and grated 

Roll cookies in: 
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream shortening and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla, flour, soda, salt and baking powder. Grate apple and mix in. Roll into 1 inch balls. Dough will be moist. Roll balls in cinnamon mixture and bake on greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 25-30 cookies.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Just an FYI, I'm one of those readers who checks this blog frequently for dinner ideas. I was so excited to see new posts! This place is a life-saver for a newbie cook who wants to make things that taste good.

Alli grins said...

Thanks, Stephanie! We have lots of visitors and very few comments, so thanks so much for your kind feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...