Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bajio's Copycat Pineapple Shrimp

This is my version of a favorite salad from Bajio's. I served this to my kids over Orzo pasta and my husband and I had a salad, but next time, I think we'll all have tacos. This shrimp is SO good!

1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, partially frozen
2 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup honey
1 cup pineapple cubes, completely drained and chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Place shrimp in a bowl of ice water and shell and devein the shrimp. HERE's a great video, if you've never done this (like I hadn't). 
  2. Dry the shrimp with a paper towel and set them aside. 
  3. Place the butter and honey in a saute pan and heat over medium heat until bubbly. Add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Stir in pineapple and season with salt and pepper.
Serves 5-6.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...