Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream

I recently made this ice cream for a family dinner up the canyon and it was a hit! When my sister asked me where I got the recipe, I had to answer honestly... off the side of my ice cream maker box! Enjoy!

Ingredients...

2 cups milk
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups half and half
4 cups whipping cream
1 Tbs. vanilla
4 cups pureed strawberries

Pour milk into medium saucepan and scald over medium heat just until it bubbles from around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and add sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in half and half, vanilla, and whipping cream. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Add pureed strawberries to chilled mixture and pour into ice cream canister. Freeze per the directions on your ice cream maker. Makes 4 Quarts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...