Hot cooked Orzo pasta or rice
4 Mahi Mahi fillets
1 (14 oz.) can light coconut milk (reserve 2 Tbs. for rice or pasta)
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbs. butter, melted
1 Tbs. flour
1 tomato, diced
salt, to taste
black or cayenne pepper, to taste
1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Cook Orzo pasta or rice according to package directions. Reserve 2 Tbs. coconut milk to stir into the rice or pasta and stir in after it is cooked and drained.
- Meanwhile, add remaining coconut milk to a deep sauté pan. Add onions and bell pepper and bring to a gentle boil, stirring frequently. Add mahi mahi fillets and poach fish until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side. Fish should be firm and should flake easily with a fork. Remove fish and place on a serving dish.
- Keep the coconut milk simmering over medium heat. Mix melted butter with flour and add to the coconut milk, stirring immediately with a whisk to prevent lumps.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and flaked coconut and top with the fish fillets. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve fish fillets over hot pasta or rice and spoon coconut sauce over the top. Serves 4.