Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grandma Whitmores Country Pork Ribs


These sweet and tangy ribs are one of my mother-in-laws specialties and are probably my husbands very favorite childhood meal. The sauce is divine and the long cooking time leads to "fall-off-the-bone" tender meat. I like using country style ribs because there is more meat and they are a little easier for the kids to eat. I also used this same sauce and put it over a pork roast in the crock-pot and then shredded the meat for pulled pork sandwiches...YUM! Either way, I am sure that these will be a crowd pleaser.

3-4 lbs. country style pork ribs
flour
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups sugar

Dredge ribs in flour and place in a large roasting pan. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat just until boiling. Pour sauce over the ribs and cover with a lid or foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 hours. Uncover and cook for another 20-30 minutes.

1 comment:

Alli grins said...

Yum, Lisa! You know how much my hubby loves ribs and you know how much I love a new recipe:) Thanks for sharing this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...