Monday, July 4, 2011

German-Style Hamburgers

I went to look up this recipe yesterday here on this blog and was shocked to find that I'd never posted it. This is a recipe that I've made for nearly 10 years and my kids always request it for the 4th of July. It's a simple recipe, but distinctive enough to be special. Recipe from Taste of Home magazine. 
Happy 4th of July!!!

1/2 cup shredded hash brown potatoes (thawed, if frozen)*
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pound ground beef

In a bowl, combine potatoes, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. (I use my stand mixer with the paddle attachment for less mess:) Shape into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. In a skillet (or on a sheet of tin foil on the grill), cook patties over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink, turning once. Serve on buns with your choice of condiments: Lettuce, tomato, sliced pickles, avocado, ketchup, or my favorite, honey mustard.
Serves 4.

*If you have extra hash browns to use, try this Zucchini Potato Pie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...