Monday, July 11, 2011

Broken Glass Jello

My daughter and I made a few red, white and blue food items to celebrate the 4th of July last week. I came across this recipe from www.recipeboy.com You could use any colors of Jello to suit your taste and purpose. While Jello is not my favorite, my kids just loved these!

1 (6 oz.) box red Jell-o gelatin (I used sugar-free Raspberry)
1 (6 oz.) box blue Jell-o gelatin (I used Berry Blue)
4 cups boiling water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Such as Knox)
1/2 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (I used Fat-Free) 
  1. In 2 separate (9 x 13") rectangular pans, sprinkle each box of Jell-o. Add 2 cups of boiling water to each pan. Stir until the gelatin dissolves. Put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or until firm. 
  2. Spray a clean 9 x 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut each flavor of Jell-o into small blocks. Carefully mix the blocks of Jell-o in the prepared pan.
  3. In a different bowl, sprinkle 2 pouches of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water and stir to combine. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and mix until the gelatin dissolves. Add the can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir and cool.
  4. Pour the milk mixture over the Jell-o blocks and stick it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (or overnight). 
  5. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve. Makes about 28 servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...