Sunday, June 19, 2011

Snickerdoodles

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
I volunteered to bring 2 dozen cookies to church today for Father's Day, so I asked my son what kind of cookies I should make. He thought for a minute, then said, "Make Snickerdoodles. Everyone likes them!" I think he's right. Cinnamon and sugar, buttery, slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside... What's NOT to like?

Cookies:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening (I prefer butter-flavored)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

Roll in:
2 Tbs. sugar mixed with 2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together butter, shortening, sugar and eggs. Beat in cream of tartar, soda and salt, then flour. Mix well. Roll into balls and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove to cool completely. Makes 3 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...