Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pasta Fresca with Parmesan Chicken

This is similar to one of my favorite dishes at Noodles n' Company that my Mom brought me in the hospital after I had my baby and has been my favorite ever since. (by the way that baby is now 20 months old loves this dish
Pasta Fresca
1 red onion, diced
1-2 Tbs. olive oil
6 (yes... six) cloves garlic, minced 
1 (14.5 oz)  can diced tomatoes (undrained)
3-4 cups fresh spinach
8 oz. penne pasta 
1/2 c. feta cheese (more for garnish if desired) 
salt & pepper, to taste

Cook pasta in salted water til al dente. Meanwhile in large sauce pan heat olive oil and add garlic and onion. Saute til tender. Add spinach and cook a few minutes til spinach wilts. Add tomatoes and let simmer a couple minutes, stirring, then add your pasta, feta cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Heat through. Enjoy as is, or for some extra protein, top with parmesan chicken....

Parmesan Chicken
Desired amount of chicken breasts or tenders (if breasts pound them down first) 
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese 

Pour eggs and bread crumbs into 2 separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into egg then into the bread crumbs. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet or in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum! This is also my favorite dish at Noodles. I will definitely be trying this one!

Alli grins said...

My mouth is watering... This looks delish, Nats!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...