Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pizza Pancakes

I know they sound strange, but these pizza "pancakes" are so good! This is a recipe from Taste of Home magazine (August, 2003) and I used to make these for lunch fairly often. I hadn't made them for years, so we had them for dinner this week when I had to make something fast. These are surprisingly filling. They are quick to make and my kids love them! 

2 cups biscuit & baking mix (such as Bisquick)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped pepperoni (I use ham)
1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped (I use 1/2 cup)

1 jar (8 oz.) pizza sauce, warmed
  1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and Italian seasoning. Combine the eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients, just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, pepperoni (or ham), tomatoes and green pepper. 
  2. Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Spread with a spoon, if needed (batter will be thick). Flip when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.*** Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Makes 14 pancakes. Serves 7, with 2 pancakes each.

***NOTE: I have a hard time getting these to cook through completely in the middle. I stack them on a plate and microwave them for about 30-60 seconds before serving and they are prefect!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...