Thursday, October 27, 2011

"A Man's Barbecue Ham Sandwich"


I'd made this several years ago and had forgotten about it until looking through a favorite cookbook recently. I write the date I first make a recipe and some notes in my cookbooks. This one said it was "a keeper that my whole family enjoyed." I made this again last night and it was even better than I remembered. It's perfect for a busy afternoon and will make your home smell delicious!
Recipe adapted from family friend Melanie Bills...

Mix well:
     1 cup ketchup
     1 cup V-8 juice (Spicy or Regular)
     1/2 cup brown sugar
     Onion & garlic salt, to taste
     1 tsp. Dijon mustard
     1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
     1 tsp. soy sauce
Add:
     2 pounds good-quality ham, slivered and finely chopped

Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Scoop ham with a slotted spoon and pile high on toasted hoagie rolls.  Serves 6-8. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...