Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kathy's Coffee Cake

I had a brunch with friends this week, so I made my favorite coffee cake. This recipe comes from family friend Kathy Newton and it is DIVINE! I remember being giddy when Kathy would bring this over at Christmas when I was younger.

Cream together:
       1 cup butter or margarine
       2 cups sugar
       2 eggs
       1 cup sour cream (I use reduced-fat sour cream)
       1 tsp. vanilla
Add:
       2 cups all-purpose flour
       1 tsp. baking powder
       1/2 tsp. salt

Spread half of the batter into a greased tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping (Below). Repeat with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes. Let cool in pan.

Topping: Mix well:
        1/2 cup brown sugar
        2 tsp. ground cinnamon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...