Thursday, November 3, 2011

Root Beer Float Cookies

We LOVE Root Beer around my house and when my oldest daughter found this recipe, I was excited to try it. Root Beer concentrate can be hard to find and is sometimes seasonal (Summer), but I can always find it at Wal-Mart, of all places! Recipe from 101 Gourmet Cookies for Everyone.

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. Root Beer concentrate (aka extract)
4 cups flour
pinch of salt (about 1/8 tsp.)
1 tsp. baking soda

*GLAZE: 
2-3 Tbsp. whipping cream
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cream together sugars and butter until fluffy. Add milk, eggs and Root Beer concentrate. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour until firm then tool into 1-inch balls. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Frost with glaze.

*NOTE: I didn't have whipping cream, so I made frosting with 3 Tbs. softened butter, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 3 Tbs. evaporated milk and 1/2 tsp. vanilla.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...