Friday, November 11, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cake


I love cinnamon rolls. My Mom and I have always said that if we had a last meal on Earth, they would be part of it. Believe it or not I have found something I love more...this cake. It has all the gooey flavor of a cinnamon roll with a fluffier cake texture, plus it is a lot easier to make than cinnamon rolls (no rolling pin required, yay.) This is great as a dessert but would also work for a breakfast/brunch. 


Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix all the cake ingredients together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes. 

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Pour over cake while still a little warm. 
recipe from Life as a Lofthouse

1 comment:

Michelle Schmidt said...

I knew I like you, I love this cake too. This is actually what I made to take to the last dessert night at Melissa's but I didn't end up making it so I ate the whole thing myself basically.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...