Monday, October 29, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I LOVE Halloween! I love the chill in the air, pumpkins, spooky decorations and the idea of Fall (I say that because we don't really have Fall here in California!) I also everything pumpkin, including the seeds. My 5 year old came home from Kindergarten last week to tell me that she tried pumpkin seeds at school and that she loves them. It was the perfect excuse to pull out a recipe my sister gave me over 10 years ago. If you carve some pumpkins this Halloween, give these yummy seeds a try. Recipe from Andrea Fredrick...
HaPpY HalLoWeEn!!!

2 cups fresh, raw pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt

Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and set aside. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Clean seeds of all pumpkin pulp. (I put mine in a large colander and rinse until all the pulp is gone) Boil  seeds in salty water (water + 1 teaspoon salt) for 10 minutes, then drain. In a bowl, mix melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and Worcestershire. Spread seeds on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 2 hours, or until slightly browned, stirring occasionally during baking. Cool completely. Store seeds in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...