Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Light Lemon Jello

such a deliciously refreshing summer dessert! It has become a staple at all our family gatherings. It never fails to please. 

* from Ivory Family Favorites

1 (3oz.) box lemon jello
1/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt

mix together in a bowl and add:

1 c. boiling water
1 (6oz.) can frozen lemonade,thawed

Stir until jello is disolved. Refridgerate until syrupy, about 30-45 minutes (stir every 10 to make sure it's not setting)

Beat: 1/2 pint whipping cream

fold whipping cream into jello mixture. pour into 8x8 dish and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Double recipe for 9x13, trifle bowl (pictured) or jello mold. Top with fresh berries...yummy! 

2 comments:

Rachel M said...

Thank you so much for creating this blog! I have been in desperate need of some new easy staples to make so I've printed off every recipe and am excited to try them!
Thanks again - Rachel Mendenhall

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for this blog! I definitely need some delicious foods to feed my husband now that I am an official stay at homer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...