We love this dish! My husband says it is "restaurant worthy"
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 8 tenders)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 c. flour
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 4-6 lemons (depends on size)
- 1/4 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish with lemon slices and extra parsley leaves
1. If using Breasts cut in half and pound down to approximately 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of chicken in skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. butter and remaining olive oil and chicken. (If you have a big enough skillet you can cook all the chicken at once)
3. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add 8 lemon slices.
4. Remove skillet from heat; add parsley and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, and stir until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices and extra parsley. Tastes great with Oven rice and veggies
*You can also use this recipe to make yummy Chicken Piccata...
Follow directions above but 1 & 1/2 the sauce and add 1/4 c. capers and serve over angel hair pasta.