Friday, March 4, 2011

Key Lime Pie

My Dad's favorite dessert is Key Lime Pie so for his Birthday last week I decided rather than stopping by Marie Calendars like I usually do I would make homemade pies instead. They turned out great!!! This recipe is definitely worth sharing. 

recipe from allrecipes.com 

1 (9 in) graham cracker pie crust 
3 c. sweetened condensed milk 
1/2 c. sour cream (I use light
3/4 c. key lime juice (juice from about 20-30 key limes)
1 Tablespoon grated limes zest 

   Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and pour into crust. Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes. Watch carefully...do not brown!!! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Top with whipped cream. 

tip: Juicing the limes can be tedious (especially if you are making more than one pie) so use a garlic press or juicer if you have one to speed up the process.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I found a bottle of Key lime juice at the grocery store. It is cheaper and easier than juicing all those little limes by hand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...