This is a moist and delicious pumpkin bread recipe that I got at a church activity when we lived in California. The butterscotch or peanut butter chips are a nice surprise that make this bread taste very special. It makes a lot, but the leftovers freeze well...
1 (15 oz.) can pure canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1 cup canola oil
3 cups sugar (can sub. half for sugar substitute)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 1/2 cups flour
1 bag (2 cups) butterscotch chips -or- peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Blend the pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the butterscotch or peanut butter chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Follow baking times below, depending on size of pan:
- 2 large lightly greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- 8 lightly greased and floured mini loaf pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- 44-48 paper-lined muffin tins. Bake for 12-18 minutes.