Thursday, March 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Ribs

Okay, I'll call these Ribs...Take 2! These were super easy and fall-off-the-bone tender. I'm pretty sure the way to my husband's heart is making him ribs for dinner :) 

3-4 lbs. pork loin back ribs (Country-style ribs would be fine too!)*
Salt and pepper
I (12 oz.) bottle Thai sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)*
  1. Cut rack of ribs in half. With a knife, peel away a corner of the fatty membrane on the back of the ribs and remove (see picture below).
  2. Flip ribs over and season with a little salt and pepper.
  3. Place ribs in a slow cooker. (I line my with a Reynold's Slow Cooker Liner first for easy clean up).
  4. Pour the entire bottle of sweet chili sauce over the ribs and cook on low for 6-7 hours. 
*I use 2 full racks of ribs for my family of 5 and we usually have a few ribs left over. This would be great with country-style ribs too, which are less expensive and have more meat. You can also substitute a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce for the sweet chili sauce. Both ways are delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...