Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ham & Cheese Noodle Bake

This is one of my Mom's classics. I could probably make this in my sleep! 
My kids {and husband} request this often...
            8 oz. wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
            1/2 cup onion, chopped 
            1/2 cup green pepper, chopped (I also like red or yellow peppers)
            1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
            1 cup sour cream (I use Light)
            2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
            2 cups ham, diced

Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook and drain noodles. Sauté onion and green pepper in a small saucepan with a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Mix sour cream, soup and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Add onion and green pepper, noodles and ham and mix well. Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve. Serves 6-8.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love this! Such a classic :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...