Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mom's Jambalaya

           When I was younger, I remember coming home to the amazing smell of my Mom's Jambalaya cooking on the stove. You can find Tony's Creole Seasoning at most grocery stores and I love it sprinkled on vegetables too. Yum!

Cook until soft in a large stockpot:
           1 roll fully cooked lean turkey sausage or kielbasa, cut into small discs
           1 large onion, diced
           1 green bell pepper, diced
           4 stalks celery, diced
Add to stockpot. Cover, simmer and stir occasionally for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft and water absorbed:
           2 cups uncooked long-gain rice
           1 (16 oz.) can stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
           4 cups chicken broth or stock
           Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning, to taste
           Salt & pepper, to taste

2 comments:

Monica Miles said...

This is one of our staples. I double the turkey sausage though because we all fish for the good stuff then I end up with just rice for leftovers :)

Alli grins said...

Good idea, Monica! We all dig for the sausage too! I should probably just double it and save everyone the trouble:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...